You have no items in your cart.
Do you have a passion to empower parents or carers as they navigate parenting young scholars? We are looking for a workshop facilitator for our weekly coffee and chat workshops for parents. These workshops aim to provide a supportive environment for parents.
About us: GT Scholars is a charitable social enterprise that tackles educational inequality by giving ambitious young people the support, skills and strategies they need to achieve aspirations. We believe that all young people are gifted and talented, regardless of their background. We run a wide range of programmes that help young people achieve their academic and career aspirations, particularly those from less-privileged backgrounds.
What do we do? We run workshops, courses and a year long programme for young people aged 11-18. We’re looking for professionals who can deliver impactful workshops to build our scholar’s abilities and confidence in a range of topics.
Responsibilities: Coffee and chat facilitators are responsible for delivering and facilitating workshops for parents.
As a workshop facilitator, your role will include:
- Leading our weekly online coffee & chat workshops for parents
- Delivering and leading short online workshops on behalf of GT Scholars
- Running your own bespoke workshops
- Facilitating sessions that can help parents/carers foster good relationships with their children
- Supporting parents in their parenting journey by providing appropriate information, training or referrals helpful to parents
- Fostering a supportive environment for parents, where they have agency and can receive and offer support to each other
- Working collaboratively with parents to explore techniques to support their teens in their path to success
- Supporting parents with practical advice to enhance positive behaviour and wellbeing for their children
- Equipping parents with strategies to identify possible barriers to their child’s learning and wellbeing
- Following the agreed timings and content for workshops and courses
- Collecting feedback at the start and end of workshops
As a workshop facilitator you will need to:
- Have strong presentation skills
- Have strong communication skills
- Have passion for working with and supporting parents
- Have knowledge and experience in a parent, family or student support role
- Be personable and able to confidently communicate with people from a range of backgrounds and professions
- Be non-judgemental and understanding
- Be punctual and organised
Availability: You will need to be available on Wednesdays during term-time at 11am-12.30pm and/or Wednesdays at 6.30pm-8pm.
Additional information: We will need to conduct reference checks and you will need an Enhanced DBS for this role as you will be working directly with children. We can process this for you or you may submit one if this is less than 2 years old.
Rate of pay: This is a self-employed role. You must be aged 18 or above. The rate of pay ranges from £15-£20 per hour.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in and you have a genuine passion for supporting young people and their parents and carers, then get in touch with us by calling 0208 8168066 or filling in the online contact form www.gtscholars.org/contact-us