You have no items in your cart.
Last Update: 31st July 2020
In using this website and any other websites managed by GT Scholars CIC, you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions.
Who GT Scholars is
This site is operated by or on behalf of GT Scholars CIC. Company number 0981626. We are a not for profit community interest company. We provide tutoring, mentoring and enrichment programmes to young people between the ages of 11 and 18.
Access to this site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on this site without notice.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of this site to users who have registered with us.
Changes to the site
From time to time we are likely to update sections of this site. However, at any given time any of the content or information on this site may be out of date and we are under no obligation to update that content or information.
If the need arises, we may suspend access to or indefinitely close, part or the whole of this site. We will not be liable if for any reason this site is unavailable for any time at any period.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this site and in the material published on it. No part of this site, including information, documents, images, photos, logos, names, audio, video and icons may be copied, republished, posted, broadcast or reproduced in any form whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright holders. All such rights are reserved and protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world.
You may not download or print off for any purpose any parts of this site (including images, documents, audio or videos) other than for personal non-commercial use. If downloading or printing off such parts, you must not modify such parts in any way, must not use any images, videos, photos or illustrations separately from any accompanying text and must acknowledge our status (and that of any contributors) as the authors or owners of those materials.
Nothing contained in this site shall give by implication or otherwise any right or licence to anyone to use any trademarked word or logo of GT Scholars CIC or any other organisation
Passwords and registration on this site
If you choose or are provided with, a user identification code, password or other security procedure information to this site, you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to anyone else.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password at any time.
You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and that they comply with them.
Links to and from this site
We do not enter into affiliate linking schemes with other websites.
The existence of a link from any organisation’s site to this site does not imply that we endorse the activities or views of that organisation, nor does it suggest any form of association or approval on our part.
Where this site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, such links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of third party sites or materials and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Only lawful use
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any other party. Such restriction and inhibition include, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass, defame or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
In accessing and using our site, you also represent that you are of legal age to form such consent and have the authority to bind yourself to this Agreement.
Commentary, advice and other materials posted on this site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We do not accept any liability or responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to this site, or by anyone who may be informed by any of its contents.
To the extent permitted by law, GT Scholars CIC does not accept liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by a user in connection with their use or inability to use this site, the results of their use of this site, any site linked to or from this site or any material posted on this site, including without limitation any liability for loss of profits or contracts, loss of business, loss of income or revenue, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, or loss of time, howsoever arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence) breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect any liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence nor any liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be included or limited under any applicable law.
This site and its information, names, images, photographs, logos and icons regarding or relating to GT Scholars CIC, its products and services, or any other organisations products and services, are provided ‘AS IS’ and on an ‘AS IS AVAILABLE’ basis without any representation or endorsement made and without any guarantee, condition or warranty of any kind whether express or implied by statute, common law or the law of equity, including but not limited to any implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, completeness or accuracy.
GT Scholars CIC does not warrant that this site will be interrupted or error-free, that defects in materials or functions will be corrected, or that this site or its servers are free of viruses or bugs
Processing information on you
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse this site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which are malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this site, the servers on which this site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this site. You must not attack this site via a denial-of-service attack or a disrupted denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use this site and any other site we operate will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this site or your downloading of any material posted on it or on any site linked to it.
You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Cookies and similar technologies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on a computer or other device and is used to identify the user or device and to collect information. Cookies are typically assigned to one of four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose: absolutely necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, and cookies for marketing purposes.
Types of cookies and why we use them:
- Absolutely necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to move around a website and use its features. Without these cookies, Services you have asked for, like adding items to an online shopping cart, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. Information collected includes, for example, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, the average duration of visit, and pages viewed. These cookies only collect information in an aggregated format. Performance cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your experience.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username or ID, language preference, or the area or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other customizable parts of web pages. They may also be used to provide Services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an ad and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations, such as advertisers.
You can manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on the Services. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser.
We understand that you may want to know more about cookies. Here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preferences: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please click below for detailed information on how to disable and delete cookies in some commonly used browsers:
We use certain other tracking technologies in addition to cookies:
- Local shared objects/Flash cookies: Flash cookies, also known as local shared objects, are designed to support browser content supported by Adobe® Flash. They are usually used to enable ads and video content on websites. Like other cookies, they will store information on your device, some of which will be specific to the Flash-enabled content. Flash cookies can only be deleted within Adobe Flash rather than via your browser. Please refer to the following help page for information on how to manage your privacy settings and deletion of Flash cookies: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
- Web beacons: Our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs and transparent graphic images) that we use to help deliver cookies on our sites, count users who have visited those sites, deliver Services, and analyze the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, for example. We may also include web beacons in our marketing email messages or newsletters to determine whether an email is opened or if links are clicked. Web beacons are also used to deliver you interest-based advertising.
- Web server & application logs: Our servers automatically collect certain information to help us administer and protect the Services, analyze usage, and improve users’ experience. The information collected includes:
- IP address and browser type
- Device information including Unique Device Identifier (UDID), MAC address, Identifier For Advertisers (IFA), and similar identifiers we or others may assign
- Device operating system and other technical facts
- The city, state, and country from which you access our website
- Pages visited and content viewed, stored, and purchased
- Information or text entered
- Links and buttons clicked
- URLs visited before and after you use our Services
“Do Not Track” Signals
Some browsers transmit Do Not Track (DNT) signals to websites. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not recognize or respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals and we will still receive information. As a result, we may still collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
Due to the lack of a common interpretation of DNT signals throughout the industry, we do not currently alter, change, or respond to DNT requests or signals from these browsers. We continue to monitor industry activity in this area and reassess our DNT practices as necessary.
Connecting via social networks
Some of our Services may include social networking features, such as the Facebook® “Like” button and widgets, “Share” buttons, and interactive mini-programs. Additionally, you may choose to use your own social networking logins from, for example, Facebook or LinkedIn®, to log into some of our Services. If you choose to connect using a social networking or similar service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in and other information that you may choose to share when you connect with these Services. These Services may collect information such as the web pages you visited and IP addresses and may set cookies to enable features to function properly. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to the third-party services you connect to, use, or access. If you do not want your personal information shared with your social media account provider or other users of the social media service, please do not connect your social media account with your account for the Services and do not participate in social sharing on the Services.
© [GT SCHOLARS CIC] 2020 All Rights Reserved