You have no items in your cart.
Become a GT Scholars Ambassador
We are looking for skilled professionals who can use their professional experience to support our growth as a charity within the education sector. Someone who is passionate about improving social mobility for young people from low-income homes will feel right at home at GT Scholars.
Who are GT Scholars Ambassadors?
Ambassadors are volunteer undergraduates, graduates and professionals that are naturally enterprising and want to use their particular skill set to raise the profile of GT Scholars and support in the growth and development of GT Scholars as a social enterprise. By becoming an Ambassador, you’ll be committing to becoming our go-to person within your organisation or university: a vital contact for GT Scholars and a bridge between us and your colleagues.
What do GT Scholars Ambassadors do?
The ambassador role would suit someone that is part of existing networks at their university, corporate place of work or in the business world. They help us gain access to:
- Volunteers; this could be by promoting volunteer roles to their network or connecting GT Scholars to existing networks of graduates and undergraduates.
- Low cost or free space that we can use for volunteer training and socials which take place on weekday evenings or space for scholar enrichment events which usually take place on weekends.
- Corporate sponsorship or funding; this could be financial support or access to volunteers and or space for events.
- Teacher networks; connecting us to school SLT, headteachers, academy trust leaders and teacher networks.
- Parent networks and youth networks so that we can reach and impact more young people and parents through our programmes
Your role may also involve:
- Providing advice and practical support to the founder and the team
- Assisting with developing our recruitment, marketing, fundraising and public relations strategy
- Promoting GT Scholars to your existing networks and championing the social mobility agenda
- Speaking at external events to help attract more volunteers to the programme
- Providing innovative solutions to raise the profile and the reach of GT Scholars
- Representing GT Scholars on a top-level both online and offline.
What qualities does an ambassador have?
We’re looking for ambassadors who are:
- Proactive, passionate and committed to tackling educational inequality
- Educated to a minimum of degree level
- Be committed to the organisation’s vision and aims
- Enjoy working with a diverse team
How much time does an ambassador have to commit to?
You will need to be available for approximately 3-4 hours per month. This is a flexible volunteering role. Being an ambassador means joining our online group of ambassadors, connecting GT Scholars to your existing network and representing GT Scholars at internal and external events.
Any other information about the role:
This role does not involve working directly with young people. However, we will still need to conduct reference checks. Professionals who have a genuine passion for social mobility and educational equality can get in touch with us by calling 0208 8168066 or completing the online contact form.
- 5 Inspirational Women Who Have Changed the World Through Technology - August 31, 2023
- This Is The Most Lucrative Career – Only A Fraction of Youth Acquiring Important Skill - August 31, 2023
- These Are The Top 10 Reasons Why It’s Worth Teaching Your Teen How To Code and how To Get Started - August 30, 2023