You have no items in your cart.
Is your child between the ages of 14 to 18 (Years 9 -13)? Would you like your child to get more information on creating a winning CV and finding work experience opportunities?
What is this workshop about?
This is a full day course that helps young people understand their strengths, understand how and where to get work experience and understand how to build an outstanding CV and cover letter to use when applying for internships and work experience.
Which is more important? Work experience or getting qualifications?
We know that both of these things are really important. During this course you will work with career experts that will support you with the tools you need to analyse and understand your strengths. Our career coaches will guide you through the range of careers that are available to you so that you can make an informed decision about the field and industries that you may want to work towards.
By the end of this course you should be able to identify some of your strengths and have a clear route and action plan that will take to reach your chosen career.You will also have a completed CV and cover letter, a template of questions and answers that you can use for interviews and a good idea of how to find work experience in your chosen field.
What will you get from this workshop?
This short course aims to help you:
- Find out which careers are suited to your strengths, abilities, personality and interests
- Develop a CV and cover letter for your chosen profession
- Gain an understanding of how and where to get work experience
- Understanding the organisations that can support you with finding work experience
- Recognise some of the top organisations you may work for within your chosen industry
- Prepare for an interview and conduct a mock interview with professionals linked to your chosen profession
- Develop a clear career path to help you attain enter your chosen field or fields
- Make an informed decision about which GCSEs & A-levels or degree course you need if you are still unsure
Who should attend?
This course is tailored to young people that want to gain practical tools to get into a certain career. If your child is determined to build work experience and be career-ready, then this is the course for you.
Please note that we aim to tailor the course around your child and invite speakers that match your career goals so we would ask that you kindly state which careers you are interested in when you register your interest in this workshop.
We will be running a series of masterclasses and workshops on CV building and work experience. We’ll be showing your child how to build a CV that stands out from among the crowd, how to create a cover letter or personal statement that reflects their strengths and how to find work experience opportunities and internships to kickstart their career journey.
During the day, your child will learn first hand from experienced graduates and professionals that have worked in top corporations and SMEs and have been on both sides of the interview and talent selection process.
Young people that join us on the day will learn about:
- How to build a professional CV that stands out from the crowd
- Current job market trends and how to take advantage of industries and fields with a high demand for new talent
- How to write a cover letter or personal statement that reflects your skills, strengths and top qualities
- What recruiters are looking for and how to prepare for interviews
- How to gain work experience, land internships and gain access to top apprenticeships in competitive fields and industries
- The importance of networking and the impact it can have on your academic and career path
- How to turn your work experience into further internships and job offers
At the end of each workshop, your child will have had a chance to work with our team of graduates and professionals to create or improve their CV and cover letter. Your child will also have had a chance to work with expert facilitators that specialise in CV-building and interview skills.
The masterclasses aim to give your child a huge amount of resources and tips to help them continue to develop their CV and find the best work experience opportunities and internships to give them a head start in their career or on their journey through university!