You have no items in your cart.
The GT Scholar’s programme is a social enterprise that helps state school pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds gain access to the most selective universities and the most competitive careers.
What we do: GT scholars receive small group tutoring on a weekly basis, they are matched with a mentor to support them throughout the year and they take part in enrichment activities such as STEM activity days, Study skill workshops and career days and trips to the city. We also run parent workshops and community engagement events to ensure that parents are aware of local opportunities available to them.
What makes us different? There are a range of charitable organisations and social enterprises offering programmes to improve the life chances of young people. However, The GT Scholars programme has the capacity to work with all state school pupils, not just those on Free School Meals. This means that we are able to help a wide range of pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds and pupils do not need to be referred by their school in order to qualify for support.
Your role: As a communications manager, you will be responsible for sharing information with new and existing clients.
- Digital strategy
- Social media marketing
- Copywriting / journalism
- Event management
- Market research
- Marketing strategy
- Public relations
- Be passionate and committed to the organisation’s vision and aims
- Be educated to a minimum of degree level
- Enjoy working in a diverse team
- Be numerate and possess strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Be punctual and organised
What impact the opportunity will have
The communications manager is responsible for assisting the organisation with its ongoing communications.
- Managing our social media platforms
- Updating our blog with new content
- Writing, editing and sharing press releases
- Sending weekly emails to our clients and other people on our mailing lists
What’s in it for the volunteer?
- Make a lasting change in the lives of young people in the UK
- Connect with individuals that are passionate about social mobility and educational equality
- Be involved in strategic leadership and decision making for the organisation
- Provide guidance to the director and other managers within the organisation
- Make full use of your skills and expertise
Please note that this is a volunteering role. You will be provided with induction and training for your role and you will be reimbursed for transportation fees.
Either in or out of office hours
Time commitment is flexible (2 to 3 days per week)