You have no items in your cart.
Role: Volunteer administrator
Hours per week: 8-15 hours per week
About us: The GT Scholar’s programme is a social enterprise that aims to help more state school pupils gain access to the most selective universities and the most competitive careers. GT scholars receive small group tutoring on a weekly basis, they are matched with a mentor to support them throughout the year and they take part in enrichment activities such as STEM activity days, Study skill workshops and career days and trips to the city. We also run parent workshops and community engagement events to ensure that parents are aware of local opportunities available to them.
What makes us different? There are a range of charitable organisations and social enterprises offering programmes to improve the life chances of young people. However, The GT Scholars programme has the capacity to work with all state school pupils, not just those on Free School Meals. This means that we are able to help a wide range of pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds and pupils do not need to be referred by their school in order to qualify for support.
- Answering calls and responding to emails on behalf of the organisation
- Managing our mailing lists and sending emails to parents and young people
- Contacting schools to update them on pupil attainment and programmes for young people
- Assisting with enquiries from parents, schools and other organisations
- Assisting with other tasks in order to meet the organisation’s stated aims and purposes
- Be passionate and committed to the organisation’s vision and aims
- Be educated to a minimum of degree level
- Enjoy working in a diverse team
- Be numerate and possess strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Be punctual, organised and have experience within an office environment
Please note that this is a volunteering role. You will be provided with support and training for your role and you will be reimbursed for transportation fees.
This role will suit a candidate that is looking for part time or flexible volunteering
Please send your CV with a brief cover lettr to firstname.lastname@example.org