You have no items in your cart.
Role: Maths, English or Science Tutor (Volunteer)
Hours per week: 2 hours per week
Availability: 24 weeks per year (September to June)
About us: The GT Scholar’s programme is a social enterprise that tackles educational inequality by helping state school pupils gain access to the most selective universities and the most competitive careers.
What do we do? GT Scholars on our programme receive after school one-to-one or small group tutoring on a weekly basis. They are matched with a mentor to support them throughout the year and they take part in enrichment activities such as STEM activity days, Study skill workshops and career days and trips to the city. We also run parent workshops and community engagement events to ensure that parents are aware of local opportunities available to them.
What makes us different? There are a range of charitable organisations and social enterprises offering programmes to improve the life chances of young people. However, The GT Scholars programme has the capacity to work with all state school pupils, not just those on Free School Meals. This means that we are able to help a wide range of pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds and pupils do not need to be referred by their school in order to qualify for support.
Responsibilities: Tutors are responsible for providing academic support to pupils throughout the year. They meet with a student that is local to them.
- Providing one to one or small group tailored support to pupils
- Building pupil confidence in Maths, English or Science
- Helping students prepare for GCSE & A-level exams (if applicable)
- Monitoring and reporting on each pupils progress
- Giving feedback to parents and programme coordinators
- Working collaboratively with other tutors and mentors
- Have strong subject knowledge
- Enjoy working with children and young people
- Be passionate and committed to tackling educational inequality
- Have a minimum of an undergraduate degree or be working towards this
- Be numerate and possess strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Be punctual and organised
Please note that this is a volunteering role and we will need to conduct an Enhanced DBS check before you can join us as a tutor. You will be provided with support and training for your role and any travel expenses within London will be reimbursed.
Please send your CV with a brief cover letter to email@example.com