You have no items in your cart.
Role: Recruitment manager (Volunteer)
Hours per week: 8-12 hours per week
About us: The GT Scholar’s programme is a social enterprise that aims to help more state school pupils gain access to the most selective universities and the most competitive careers. GT scholars receive small group tutoring on a weekly basis, they are matched with a mentor to support them throughout the year and they take part in enrichment activities such as STEM activity days, Study skill workshops and career days and trips to the city. We also run parent workshops and community engagement events to ensure that parents are aware of local opportunities available to them.
What makes us different? There are a range of charitable organisations and social enterprises offering programmes to improve the life chances of young people. However, The GT Scholars programme has the capacity to work with all state school pupils, not just those on Free School Meals. This means that we are able to help a wide range of pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds and pupils do not need to be referred by their school in order to qualify for support.
- Managing a team of volunteer interns within the recruitment department
- Advertising roles and attending recruitment fairs and events on behalf of the organisation
- Reviewing CVs and interviewing and shortlisting candidates for new roles
- Conducting reference checks and DBS checks for all team members and volunteers
- Arrange induction and training for volunteers and staff
- Acting as the designated safeguarding officer for the organisation
- Assisting with other tasks in order to meet the organisation’s stated aims and purposes
- Be passionate and committed to the organisation’s vision and aims
- Be educated to a minimum of degree level
- Enjoy working in a diverse team
- Be numerate and possess strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Be punctual, organised and have experience within an office environment
Please note that this is a volunteering role. You will be provided with support and training for your role and you will be reimbursed for transportation fees.
This role will suit a candidate that would is looking to for part time or flexible volunteering.
Please send your CV with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org