Course type: Programme
Course title: The Bright Ambitions Programme
Who is this course for? Young people
Recommended age: 14 -16
Next intake date: See term dates
What is this programme about?
The Bright Ambitions Programme is a year-long after-school programme for ambitious young people that would like to achieve excellent grades at school. This programme has helped numerous students move from average grades to outstanding grades within just a year of being on the programme.
This unique programme combines tutoring, mentoring, enrichment and skill building classes. The programme runs from October to July every year.
The Bright Ambitions programme is an after-school tutoring, mentoring and enrichment programme for young people aged 13-16. The aim of the programme is to help young people gain the skills, strategies and support they need to get top grades, get into top universities or enter competitive careers.
Scholars on the programme receive after-school tutoring in Maths or English and they also receive support from a mentor. These tutors and mentors are all DBS checked volunteers and are passionate about making a difference in the lives of our scholars and want to see them reach their full potential. Many of our mentors have been chosen because they work in careers or went to universities that our scholars aspire to.
Our scholars also attend skill-building and enrichment activities which aim to raise aspirations and give students the confidence and strategies they need to achieve their goals.
What will you get from this programme?
As part of the Bright Ambitions Programme, young people are able to:
- Meet like-minded students that are ambitious and have high aspirations
- Gain increased motivation, confidence, and self-belief
- Set goals with support from their mentor and devise a strategy for achieving each of their goals
- Improve their grades in Maths or English through one-to-one tutoring
- Continually develop a growth mindset and develop their personal ambitions
- Improve their overall grades in a range of subjects by improving your study skills and revision techniques
- Learn more about career and academic opportunities available to them
Who should join the Bright Ambitions Programme?
The Bright Ambitions Programme is tailored to young people that are ambitious, want to improve their grades and want to improve their chances of getting into a top university or getting into a competitive career. We expect all young people that join the programme to aspire to gain top grades at school and aspire to get into a top university or get into a competitive career.
What does this programme include?
Each term, young people on the Bright Ambitions Programme get access to:
- 10 one-to-one online tutoring sessions in Maths or English
- 3 one-to-one mentoring sessions
- 2 skill-building days
- 1 enrichment day
Bursaries: We have a limited number of bursaries available for our courses, workshops, and programmes. Please fill this form if you would like to apply for reduced fees. Please note that bursaries do not include travel costs.
Location: All tutoring is done online. Enrichment and skill-building courses are held in London.
Fees: This programme is free for young people with household income under £16,190. Means-tested fees may be applicable if your total household income is above £16,190.
Dates & time: Most one-to-one sessions take place after-school or at the weekend. There are additional Saturday skill-building and enrichment sessions that you will need to attend as part of this programme.
How to apply: If you would like to know when applications are open for this programme, please register your interest here.
- In the Know – Explore the creative world! - December 13, 2018
- Are students becoming too reliant on private tutors? - July 20, 2016