Course type: Workshop
Course code: N/A
Course title: Project Accelerate
Who is this course for? Young People
Recommended age: 14-18
Location: London (Venue TBC)
Next intake date: TBC
Is your child between the ages of 14 to 18 (Years 9 -13)? Would you like your child to get more information on creating a winning CV and finding work experience opportunities? Does your child live in an inner or outer London borough?
We will be running a series of masterclasses and workshops on CV building and work experience. We’ll be showing your child how to build a CV that stands out from among the crowd, how to create a cover letter or personal statement that reflects their strengths and how to find work experience opportunities and internships to kickstart their career journey.
During the day, your child will learn first hand from experienced graduates and professionals that have worked in top corporations and SMEs and have been on both sides of the interview and talent selection process.
Young people that join us on the day will learn about:
- How to build a professional CV that stands out from the crowd
- Current job market trends and how to take advantage of industries and fields with a high demand for new talent
- How to write a cover letter or personal statement that reflects your skills, strengths and top qualities
- What recruiters are looking for and how to prepare for interviews
- How to gain work experience, land internships and gain access to top apprenticeships in competitive fields and industries
- The importance of networking and the impact it can have on your academic and career path
- How to turn your work experience into further internships and job offers
At the end of each workshop, your child will have had a chance to work with our team of graduates and professionals to create or improve their CV and cover letter. Your child will also have had a chance to work with expert facilitators that specialise in CV-building and interview skills.
The masterclasses aim to give your child a huge amount of resources and tips to help them continue to develop their CV and find the best work experience opportunities and internships to give them a head start in their career or on their journey through university!
This masterclass will be taking place at Goldsmiths University in New Cross on Saturday 16th June 2018 from 10am to 4pm.
- Lunch will be provided. Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
- Please note that there will be video recordings and photography at this event.
- There are a limited amount of tickets available for this event and tickets are on a first come, first served basis.
- This entire day is funded by our sponsors and is entirely FREE of charge. However, there is a £5 deposit for all attendees. This will be refunded after your child attends the event. If the £5 deposit is cost-prohibitive, please contact us at email@example.com to apply for a fee waiver.
GT Scholars is a not-for-profit social enterprise and registered charity that helps young people from a range of backgrounds get better grades at school and get into top universities and competitive careers. If you’d like to know more about GT Scholars and future events, workshops and opportunities, please visit the website and subscribe to our newsletter here: www.gtscholars.org/subscribe
- In The Know: A challenge for Young Entrepreneurial minds! - August 7, 2020
- Friends of GT Scholars – A challenge for Young Entrepreneurial minds! - August 7, 2020
- Global Teenpreneur Challenge Promo Video – IFL - August 6, 2020