Course type: Short course
Course code: C121
Course title: How to build an outstanding CV
Who is this course for? Young people
Recommended age: Age 14+
Next intake date: TBC
What is this workshop about?
This is a full day course that helps young people understand their strengths, understand how and where to get work experience and understand how to build an outstanding CV and cover letter to use when applying for internships and work experience.
Which is more important? Work experience or getting qualifications?
We know that both of these things are really important. During this course you will work with career experts that will support you with the tools you need to analyse and understand your strengths. Our career coaches will guide you through the range of careers that are available to you so that you can make an informed decision about the field and industries that you may want to work towards.
By the end of this course you should be able to identify some of your strengths and have a clear route and action plan that will take to reach your chosen career.You will also have a completed CV and cover letter, a template of questions and answers that you can use for interviews and a good idea of how to find work experience in your chosen field.
What will you get from this workshop?
This short course aims to help you:
- Find out which careers are suited to your strengths, abilities, personality and interests
- Develop a CV and cover letter for your chosen profession
- Gain an understanding of how and where to get work experience
- Understanding the organisations that can support you with finding work experience
- Recognise some of the top organisations you may work for within your chosen industry
- Prepare for an interview and conduct a mock interview with professionals linked to your chosen profession
- Develop a clear career path to help you attain enter your chosen field or fields
- Make an informed decision about which GCSEs & A-levels or degree course you need if you are still unsure
Who should attend?
This course is tailored to young people that want to gain practical tools to get into a certain career. If your child is determined to build work experience and be career-ready, then this is the course for you.
Please note that we aim to tailor the course around your child and invite speakers that match your career goals so we would ask that you kindly state which careers you are interested in when you register your interest in this workshop.
Other notes: Light refreshments are provided as part of the fee for any half day events and short workshops. If you have access needs or special dietary requirements please state this when you book your place.
Bursaries: We have a limited number of bursaries available for our courses, workshops and programmes. Please fill this form if you would like to apply for reduced fees. Please note that bursaries do not include travel costs.
Location: London Bridge
Fee: This course is free for young people with household income under £16,190. A fee may be applicable if your total household income is above £16,190.
Next date: TBC
How to book: If you would like to receive email and text notifications for the course ‘How to get into Oxbridge’, please enter your name and contact details below.
- In The Know: A challenge for Young Entrepreneurial minds! - August 7, 2020
- Friends of GT Scholars – A challenge for Young Entrepreneurial minds! - August 7, 2020
- Global Teenpreneur Challenge Promo Video – IFL - August 6, 2020