You have no items in your cart.
Do you have excellent event coordination skills? Can you remain calm under pressure and think fast on your feet? Are you excellent at time management, staying organised, delegating tasks and managing people? Then this could be an excellent role for you!
About us: The GT Scholars Programme is a not-for-profit social enterprise that tackles educational inequality and improves social mobility. We aim to improve the academic attainment and career potential of young people, regardless of their background.
What do we do? We run after-school workshops, courses and a year long programme for young people aged 11-16. We’re looking for professionals partnership managers who can build positive relationships with our partner schools and run short presentations with pupils and parents.
What makes us different? There are a range of charitable organisations and social enterprises offering programmes to improve the life chances of young people. However, The GT Scholars programme has the capacity to work with all state school pupils, not just those on Free School Meals. This means that we are able to help a wide range of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and scholars do not need to be referred by their school in order to qualify for support.
Event coordinators are responsible for managing our events in London such as parent information sessions and volunteer socials on weekday evenings and scholar events which are usually on Saturdays. They work closely with the programme manager to set up events and work collaboratively with workshop facilitators, venue owners, volunteers, parents and young people to ensure that each event is successfully executed.
This is a self-employed freelance role and you will be responsible for:
- Setting up events and liaising with the venue owners
- Maintaining the register, list of attendees and managing any late attendees
- Managing the setup and clearing up of lunch, drink and refreshments
- Ensuring that sessions start and end on time
- Purchasing ancillary items or refreshments for events (you will be reimbursed for any expenses)
- Delegating tasks to volunteers and any other person that may be involved in supporting you at an event
- MC-ing and/or delivering presentations at events
- Setting up and clearing up any merchandise, leaflets, brochures at an event
- Managing health and safety and overall risk management at event
- Working directly with the programme manager to check risk assessment documents and check
- Conducting general housekeeping at the start of an event
- Managing the overall schedule for the event, ensuring that all breaks and workshop sessions start and finish on time.
As an event coordinator, you will need to:
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Have strong presentation skills
- Have excellent communication skill
- Be punctual and organised
- Have some experience of managing and coordinating events
- Be personable and able to confidently communicate with people from a range of backgrounds and professions.
- Be passionate and committed to tackling educational inequality
- Have your own transportation (preferred but not essential)
Availability: Most events with GT Scholars are at weekends or in the evenings. Weekend events are typically from 10am-4pm. Although you may need to be available from 9am-5pm. Weekend events are typically from 6pm-7pm. Although you may need to be available from 5pm.
Additional information: We will need to conduct reference checks and an Enhanced DBS for this role as you may be working directly with children – you may submit one if you have a DBS check issued within the past 24 months.
Rate of pay: This is a flexible part-time self-employed role. You must be aged 18 or above. Events with GT Scholars are typically 2-8 hours long. The rate of pay is typically £10-£15 per hour.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in and you have a genuine passion for social mobility and educational equality, then get in touch with us by calling 0208 8168066 or filling in the online contact form www.gtscholars.org/contact-us
- In the Know: Free Online Work Experience with Brit Insurance! - May 19, 2022
- In the Know: Creative and Interactive Opportunities! - May 19, 2022
- In the Know: Exciting and Engaging After School Fun! - May 19, 2022