Course type: Workshop
Course code: A011
Course title: Understanding growth mindset
Who is this course for? Parents & Young people
Recommended age: Ages 11+
Next intake date: TBC
What is this workshop about?
This is a 3-hour workshop for parents and young people that want to develop a better understanding of growth mindset and how it can be used to secure outstanding grades at GCSE or A-level.
What is growth mindset? Is there such a thing as an average student? Am I expecting too much from my child? Are some young people just not academically able? Are some kids just more gifted than others? Is it really possible to get A-grades if you’ve always been a C-grade student?
Young people with a fixed mindset believe that their intelligence and abilities are fixed. Young people with a growth mindset understand that they can always improve. This workshop aims to explain what a ‘growth mindset’ is. It will also show you how you and your child can use growth mindset to achieve excellent grades at school.
What will you get from this workshop?
This short workshop aims to help you:
- Understand the meaning of ‘growth mindset’ and ‘fixed mindset’
- Find out why having a growth mindset is essential to academic success
- Learn some of the key skills that you need to move from Cs to As
- Identify the practical steps to move from ‘average’ grades and ‘excellent grades;
- Gain some practical tools to embed a growth mindset in your everyday life
- Learn what you can do to support your child and secure A-grades
Who should attend?
This workshop is tailored to parents and young people that would like to learn how to use growth mindset to achieve their academic goals. If your child has any doubts about his or her abilities to achieve A-grades, then this workshop is an excellent opportunity to address this.
Feedback from previous attendees:
“I’m really glad we came today. The most important thing I learned is that growth mindset is more than just improving your grades. You can use it to achieve pretty much any of your goals. Every parent needs to know about this.”- Laura, age 14
“If you’ve ever doubted your ability to achieve top grades, then you need to learn about growth mindset.” – Kieran, age 16
Other notes: Light refreshments are provided as part of the fee for any half day events and short workshops. If you have access needs or special dietary requirements please state this when you book your place.
Bursaries: We have a limited number of bursaries available for our courses, workshops and programmes. Please fill this form if you would like to apply for reduced fees. Please note that bursaries do not include travel costs.
Fee: This workshop is free for young people with household income under £16,190. A fee may be applicable if your total household income is above £16,190.
Next date: TBC
How to book: If you would like to receive email and text notifications for the course ‘Understanding growth mindset?’, please enter your name and contact details below.
Latest posts by GT Scholars (see all)
- Why Entrepreneurship Needs To Be Included In The Curriculum - August 19, 2019
- What Education Should Look Like In The 21st Century - August 9, 2019
- Understanding the Challenges Faced by Young People Living In Care - August 8, 2019