We’re looking for graduates and undergraduates that can help make a difference in young people’s lives!
Our online volunteer tutors provide academic support to pupils throughout the year. We’re looking for graduates and undergraduates that can:
- Provide online one-to-one support to pupils over a period of 12 weeks
- Build pupil confidence in Maths, English or Science
- Prepare students for GCSE & A-level exams (if applicable)
- Give feedback to parents and programme coordinators
- Work collaboratively with other tutors and mentors
To get started you’ll need to:
- Have strong subject knowledge in Maths, English or Science (confident enough to tutor up to GCSE!)
- Enjoy working with children and young people
- Have a minimum of an undergraduate degree or be working towards this
- Be computer literate, comfortable with tutoring through online platforms.
- Be able to commit to a period of 6 months (2 school terms)
Please note that this is a volunteering role and we will need to conduct an Enhanced DBS check before you can join us as a tutor.
You will be provided with support and training for your role and any travel expenses within London will be reimbursed up to the amount of £12 for any session.
This isn’t a paid role so there is no salary. However, tutoring with GT Scholars is extremely rewarding. You’ll be able to:
- Receive training and support for your role
- Develop leadership skills and teaching or tutoring experience
- Be a role model and make a real difference in the life of a young person
- Have flexibility through online volunteering.
- Join us at our volunteer days in London (if you are able to)
- Meet like-minded volunteers at our quarterly socials
- Get involved in our end of year ceremony for our scholars
- Contribute your skills in arranging our end of year social for volunteers
How to apply: Please attach your CV and a short cover letter through our contact form.
Latest posts by GT Scholars (see all)
- In the Know – Fantastic opportunities for aspiring filmmakers! - September 19, 2019
- In the Know – Activities for National Coding Week! - September 11, 2019
- In the Know – Explore your creative side! - September 4, 2019