Course type: Full day course
Course code: C131
Course title: Excel in any exam
Who is this course for? Young people
Recommended age: Aged 13+
Next intake date: TBC
What is this course about?
This is a full day course that aims to help young people improve their attainment by improving study, revision and time management techniques.
During the course you will work with teachers, psychology experts and study skill professionals that will show you how to manage your time effectively, how to create a study plan and how to prioritise between your academic deadlines, extra-curricula activities and other demands.
You will be shown various techniques that you can use to prepare for tests and examinations and how to turn your study and revision time into a time of enjoyable and rewarding in-depth learning and development. You will also learn from experienced curriculum developers, exam writers and exam markers that will show you exactly how to improve your chances of getting top grades in exams.
By the end of the course, you will have a good understanding of growth mindset and resilience and how you can apply this to your academic life. You will be equipped with tools that you can immediately use to start your revision and you will have an actionable study plan.
What will you get from this workshop?
This short course aims to help you:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of growth mindset and how you can use this to improve your abilities
- Understand how to manage your time effectively
- Understand your learning style and how to use this to your advantage
- Get an understanding of how to cope with stress and build resilience as a learner
- Gain practical tools and techniques that you can use to learn quickly and retain more information when learning
- Understand why so many smart students fail to gain the grades that they deserve
- Develop a better exam technique to get top grades in any exam
Who should attend?
This course is tailored to young people that want to get top grades in their examinations but may be concerned about how to manage the stress and demands of examinations, coursework and extracurricular activities. We highly recommend that you attend the workshop on growth mindset or join us on one of our webinars to gain a better understanding of this.
Feedback from attendees:
When we saw our exam timetable this year, most people in my form panicked but I was actually excited because I had been looking forward to seeing the timetable. The course gave me the confidence to start preparing even before the timetable came out. – Chloe, 16
I don’t feel scared about exams anymore. I know that my exams are not a test of my intelligence but a test of my ability to prepare and manage pressure. – Eni, 14
Next date: TBC
Fee: This course is free for young people with household income under £16,190. A fee may be applicable if your total household income is above £16,190.
Other notes: A buffet lunch and refreshments are provided as part of the fee for any full day enrichment events. For half day events and short workshops we provide tea and coffee and light refreshments. If you have access needs or special dietary requirements please state this when you book your place.
Bursaries: We have a limited number of bursaries of for each of our courses, workshops and programmes. Please register your interest if you would like to apply for a bursary place. Please note that we do not provide bursaries for travel costs.
How to book: If you would like to receive notifications for the course ‘How to excel in any examination’, please enter your name and contact details below
Latest posts by GT Scholars (see all)
- In the Know – Your future begins now! - September 26, 2019
- In the Know – Fantastic opportunities for aspiring filmmakers! - September 19, 2019
- In the Know – Activities for National Coding Week! - September 11, 2019