Course type: Workshop
Course code: N/A
Course title: Career Insight Programme - Pre-Launch Workshop
Who is this course for? Young People
Recommended age: 14-16
Location: EY London
Next date & time: 21st February 2019
Is your child aged between the ages of 14 to 16 (Year 9 -11)? Do you live in an inner or outer London borough? Would you like your child to get impartial information about different competitive careers?
As part of the launch to our new Career Insight Programme in the Summer, we will be having a Pre-Launch Workshop during the half-term holiday on Thursday 21st February 2019. This free event will give young people interested in learning more about Careers in Finance, Law and/or Technology the opportunity to experience what the Career Insight Programme would involve.
The workshop is suitable for young people aged 14-16 and aims to answer any questions that they may have about deciding on their career path, such as:
- How do you choose a career that is right for you?
- What do employers look for in their chosen field?
- Will you need a university degree to succeed in your career?
- What are the alternative paths to reaching your career goals?
- Which field has the most career opportunities currently?
The workshop will be held at EY offices in Canary Wharf to provide an onsite experience of the working world. During the workshop young people will have the chance to hear from professionals in a range of careers and understand the different paths that they took to achieve their career aspirations and reach their current position.
By the end of the workshop young people will have an idea of some of the careers that may be suited to their strengths, abilities and personality. They will also be able to take away some practical steps that they can immediately use to start the journey towards their career aspirations.
- This FREE workshop is sponsored by our partners and includes lunch and all learning resources. Please note that there is a £5.00 deposit which will be refunded to all attendees. If this deposit is cost-prohibitive, please contact us to apply for a fee waiver.
- If there is a waitlist available for this workshop, please add the parent name and email address to the waitlist.
- Tickets must be booked by an adult parent or carer.
- If you would like to book more than 1 ticket for the waiting list, you will need to enter this separately.
- Tickets on the waiting list are released for 36 hours and if your ticket is not booked within this time, it will be allocated to another person on the waiting list.
- Waitlist tickets are usually released in phases up to 5 days before each workshop or course.
- Lunch will be provided. Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
- Please note that there will be video recordings and photography at this event.
- There are a limited amount of tickets available for this event and tickets can only be booked via eventbrite.
- You may request to cancel your ticket for a full refund. Requests for cancellations must be made at least 72 hours before a scheduled event. All cancellations must be made directly through Eventbrite. We are unable to refund tickets if cancellations are made within 72 hours of the event
GT Scholars is a not-for-profit social enterprise and registered charity that helps young people from a range of backgrounds get better grades at school and get into top universities and competitive careers. If you’d like to know more about GT Scholars and future events, workshops and opportunities, please visit the website and subscribe to our newsletter here: www.gtscholars.org/subscribe